Sunday, February 15, 2009

The cat that is eating me....



Here i am not the one who is troubled by the cat spoiling my kitchen eating and spilling away the food that mom has cooked for me....I am not running outta ideas to chase out that idiotic cat.....I could have managed that cat hands down...but i am left staggered by another cat that 3 lakh of indian population are chasing at.....yeah am saying about the Common Admission Test....this is the tough nut to crack....i am bowled googly by the serious MBA aspirants who lived, slept, sizzled, sacrificed everything to crack this CAT for one year...I should have been a bit serious being novice to this business....I started it on my friend’s advice even though i was a little crazier to obsess an MBA from a reputed institute of the country....

2 yrs b4, I have seen the material used for the preparation of CAT, i have took some mock tests b4...but it sucked...it put me deep down the earth....my confidence shattered...i felt inferior...i decided to forget it...but now my friend boosted me...and i started trying for it just for a change to my monotonous IT life..i started it as a time pass..with taking mock exams every Sunday and with putting few hours to prepare some thing every saturday, i felt am doing something useful...i felt am becoming bit smart, a bit genius....

But everything started well dint end well for me....the minimum target which i set in pursuing a MBA degree were miles away after i took the exam....all the noise i made in the name of preparation for the exam started back firing me as soon as the results started coming...guess what.. a colleague of mine who took the exam without any preparation scored better than me....i felt the world was showing its middle finger on my face....i started feeling the saying ‘empty vessels make more noise’....while preparing for the exams my dad once asked about buying a piece of land in the outskirts, outta a loan on my salary...i said i might have to discontinue the job if i had to join some MBA....i thought it will be a burden on my dad and spoiled that plan.....now when i said the results on the phone to him, he dint react....he said there is a 2000sqft of land at the southern part of the city....hmmm.... i can only take some solace in the belief that ‘it usually take 2 to 3yrs to crack the CAT unless you are a genius right from your formative years’...its just my first attempt....not an earnest attempt though...

This CAT exam has killed my haughtiness, ego, vanity, head weight every thing....it made me to stand on my feet....it showed me who i am and what is my capacity.....it has showed me my strengths and weakness....it was a blessing in disguise i started feeling later... it made the news paper reading as a habit in me....it made me to read english novels....i felt that it has put a lotta challenges infront of me...i have lotta things to prove now.....i think it will make my next one year intersting....i am going to get better only....i have enough time to redeem myself..... i decided to take CAT next year as well...but am not going to make any noise....i wont blow my trumpet this time...lets see what is in store for me in coming days....am feeling that it is making me to put my next step in the best path...i think i became addicted to the CAT that is eating me 

No comments:

Post a Comment